Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Little Fresh Air


Hey J,
  I can't believe January is almost over, how did that happen?!?  Only 11 months left in this year... I really hope to make the best of every day.  Today was great!  While we're renovating the farm house E and I are staying in the apt we have in town.  Without having daily access to our farm I forget how much being in the fresh air and nature really helps to reset my soul after dealing with intense stress.  E spends two days a week down in the city and is leaving this afternoon, so today we decided to have a bit of quality time together, as a little family of 3 (don't forget the dog).  So we bundled up, cause yes, it was only 10* and headed outside.  There is an incredible land conservation area about 2 miles outside of town that offers incredible views and is such a restorative experience.  We covered 2.5 miles of trails, weaving in and out of the woods, over frozen streams and around fallen trees.  We sometimes complain about there not being enough date-worthy activities in town... the minute we stepped foot into the conservation area we both said, there are no dates we like better than being outside.  What a nice reminder.
  What about you?  Which do you prefer, the gym or outdoor activities?  For me there's nothing like being outside, no matter how cold it is... with that being said, I can't wait till I can walk out the door in the morning with just a light jacket on!  Yay, it's almost February!

What's going on with you today?  How will you get active?

Work hard, eat well!
xo
Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment