Saturday, January 18, 2014

The BEST Version of ME

Jenne,
  I am so proud of your dedication and progress.  You are really doing so well!  I am so jealous of your gym.  I remember in a previous phone convo you told me that your gym has a lounge with fireplaces... I mean, AWESOME!  I love discovering new muscles.  Every spring when I ride (horses) for the first time in months, I remember muscles I forgot I had.  It is incredible how intricate and strong our bodies really are.  Do you have a "core"that you aspire to have?  Like, do you look in magazines and say, "I wish my abs looked like that" or are you just in search of strength?
  So, now, about me.  I know that cycling is your thing, you being the best version of you.  There is nothing that makes me feel more like myself or a better version of myself than when I am running.  It has been months since I have run on a regular basis.  I don't have a treadmill and I don't have a gym membership and it has been COLD outside.  I don't mind running in the cold but, my running shoes, Vibram Five Finger shoes, aren't your standard running shoe.  There is no warmth or protection from the winter elements.  I ran a few weeks ago when it was in the 20's and my toes froze so badly that for days my left food felt bruised.  Luckily Vibram came out with a winter version of my shoe!  I have been waiting weeks for them to arrive and yesterday I finally had a chance to take them out for a spin!!!  It was like HEAVEN!! I was cruisn'.  I didn't have much time, only a half hour, so I went out for a 3 mile loop of town.  The first mile is down hill and the 2 miles back are up some INTENSE hills.  I have been reading running blogs for years and have seen that everyone uses Nike+, I have always wondered what it was... yesterday before my run I downloaded the app and tried it out.  Let me tell you, it was SO cool.  It talked to me!  It alerted me when I hit each mile mark, told me my average pace and the overall time for that mile.  It also congratulated me at every mile.  I am hooked!  At the end of the run, Nike+ lets you take a picture, describe your run and prints your course on the photo.  How cool is that?!?  I can't wait to use it all the time.

So tomorrow is our bday!!  Everett is buying me a new bike.  I am really interested in doing Triathlons this Summer and he and I are planning to go touring and traveling on our bikes all Summer long and the bike I have now is a 1980's mens Schwin, that doesn't really fit me well.  He's done lots of research and found a few options that he thinks will be the best bike for the job.  We are going tomorrow to check them out.  I'm so excited, like a kid at Christmas.  He's a GREAT gift giver and I'm a spoiled thing!  This weekend is going to be insanely busy, I am hoping to go hiking on Monday, since I wont have work due to the holiday.

I hope I get to see you tomorrow!

Happy early birthday my dear!  Here's to being 29!!
xo
Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment