Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sneakers!


Happy Sunday Jeni!

They are essential to the gym. They are a fashion statement. They keep our feet supported and protected. Sneakers! 

I've had a pair of Asics running shoes from my college days. I'd been wearing them to the gym for the past year and had used them for spontaneous exercise and other activities in the year prior. The shoes were dated, they were for running, I was looking for an upgrade. 

First off, shoes make me nervous. I always get the wrong fit. Second, I loved my trusty Asics. The sneakers I had before were also for running. As we all know, I have been forced to retire from running (sad face). I decided to go to a local sports store where I could get more attention and work with knowledgable staff. This store was Fleet Feet

I went in armed with my old sneakers and determined to find a good fitting shoe. I also brought my parents so they could stop me from buying a bad fitting shoe. I tried in several different pairs, did lunges and squats and some Zumba movements in the store. I then walked on the treadmill.  I thought I found a pair of Saucony's that fit well, but then they started to feel a bit off after awhile. I was a little stuck and then Bruce, who was helping me, brought me out another pair of Asics! He said that although they were running sneakers, they were still a medium support sneaker that would work for what I wanted to do. Bruce had that extra knowledge of what I was doing because he also happens to be a trainer at Midtown, my gym! 


Not too shabby, right? I cannot wait to test them out! I am on the docket for Zumba and spin today, however, I am still feeling my hamstrings from my strength training workout today, so I may need to cut out Zumba so I don't overdo it. I'll report back on what I decided and how things turned out. What have you been up to this weekend? 

Xoxo

Jenne 



No comments:

Post a Comment