Saturday, January 4, 2014

Ski Bunny

Hey Jenne,
  check me out!  today Everett and I borrowed cross country skis from some friends and took them out on the farm.  We've been looking for a winter activity that we could enjoy together, and this is wonderful.  After just five minutes my shoulders and arms were feeling it.  It was a great workout and it felt nice to be outside in nature and not cooped up on the couch or in a gym.   Have you ever tried it?  We're hoping to go up to Lake Placid next weekend for the winter fest and do some more skiing.  That would be so baller!

  How did your first day of the challenge go?

  Let's chat diet real quick.  Last week I was sugar free for 6 whole days.  It felt incredible!  My skin was glowing, I felt more awake and just much more satisfied.  Well, then I came in contact with some M&M's on New Year's eve, and I've never met an M&M I didn't like... I ate nearly the entire Party-Sized bag.  I fell into the trap and have had the need for sugar the last 4 days.  Today I woke up and knew I was only hurting myself. So I said I have to be serious about my health and stop eating things I know aren't doing anything for me.  So it's 7:36 pm and I have made it all day without eating any sugar.  Everett brought a bag of brownies in to the bedroom while we were relaxing and watching tv and I withstood the temptation!!!  How did I even do that???  Just telling you about how desperate I felt and how badly I wanted those brownies is helping me to hold fast.  How are you doing with the queso??

Alright, time for me to go.  I'm heading up to Albany tonight to visit Lis and then do some hot yoga in the am before coming back down.

Looking forward to hearing about your day.

Sweet fitness dreams,
Xo
Jeni 

No comments:

Post a Comment