Wednesday, January 8, 2014

You got to WERQ it WERQ it

Hey Jeni! 

I think if I saw the nutrition plan, I would have failed. Today I was HUNGRY. I mean hungry all day. I have my meals pretty planned out, but then there were the York peppermint patties. I already ate my dinner prior to going to the gym... Probably not the best choice because I'll be HUNGRY (!!!) after. I've maxed out my allotted calories for the day. 

I actually use MyFitnessPal. Have you ever tried it? It's a tracking mechanism for food. The challenge can be that you have to measure out your raw foods, but when I am on a kick, it do just that! It breaks down for your goals how much you need to eat each day, including the breakdown of carbs, protein and fat. I have only ever once met the goal for sugar. I was proud that day. I find this tracker really helpful. I am starting to use it again. Have you ever tried any of the phone trackers? 

Last night I tried a new workout! It's called WERQ. It's a dance fitness class similar to Zumba. Many of my transformational team members went! 

I thought it was fun. There was a dance move, I called it the Egyptian. At the end of class I told my team mates how I fail at that dance. Come to find out, it's the Thriller dance. Who knew? I guess I really missed the mark on that one! The most important thing was that it was fun and I felt Iike I was getting a decent workout. 

Of course... I was sure to wear a fancy outfit for this dance party. Well ok, not fancy, but a top and pants that were suitable. I also tested my new Athleta zip up jacket for our warm up. It worked nice although I really want to test it when skiing. Here's a question for you... When working out, do you like tees or tanks? Capris or full length pants? Sometime soon I will post my gym bag. She's definitely a keeper. I like having a bagged prepped at all times for working out. It helps to ensure that there are really no excuses! 

Tonight I am going to a strength training class. I haven't done one in months so it'll be interesting to see where I am at with weights. I am looking to increase my strength training and get it on my calendar as a regular occurrence. It's hard when I prefer to just spin it out on a bike or something. 

What have you learned about yourself this week? Any changes to your goals? 

Xoxo

Jenne



No comments:

Post a Comment