Sunday, January 26, 2014

Back for the second time

Hey Jeni! 

Oh my, it's been awhile! The past two weeks have been very busy, and I'm happy to report, good from a fitness perspective! 

I went to New York last weekend where I ate lots of food and had some girl time with my friends. I felt a little guilty after but remember that I work hard at the gym and it is not often that I indulge in cake, champagne, food and more food! In the end it was a great weekend! What did you do for your birthday? 

So after I got back I decided to hang out. I took about 3 days off from the gym, even though on Saturday I did some core work while watching Sex in the City! This past Monday I was tired. So I decided to take that day to regroup and think about my week ahead. I think those days are needed sometimes. I try not to beat myself up over it, I think that's something that is hard for us not to do. 

On Monday, I met with a trainer at my gym to go over my diet. I'll cover this in another post. On Tuesday, I was back in the game! Here's what I accomplished this week:

Tuesday: Zumba and Strength training
Wednesday: Inclined power walk and row machine
Thursday: Strength training and my own spin routine
Friday: Tried a new class called cycle and core- half spin, half core work! 
Saturday: off from the gym, worked at the mall
Sunday: Weight training and Zumba

I had a first this week- I went into the weight room at my gym and worked out on the weight machines! This is something I haven't done since high school. I get intimidated in there, but I went in! I also did my own core work, too. I went into Zumba feeling the work that I did. I was so proud of myself! I feel what I am trying to accomplish is the better version of me. The best version is on a bike for sure, but it is also building my arm muscles, trying to get a slightly defined core, and being in the best shape possible. Finally, the best version of me is happy with the results of my hard work. 

Tonight I made soup for the week and muffins, I am on a role! I also cleaned, which helps me keep myself on track through the week. Have you cooked anything healthy this week? 

What are your plans for this week? I hope it is getting some rest! I am getting 8 hours of sleep right now every night, trainers orders! 

Xoxo

Jenne

No comments:

Post a Comment