Sunday, January 12, 2014

Oh LORDY!

Hello my dear,
  Where do I start?!?!  This weekend went every which way but right!  For starters, I did NOT go to crossfit, I did NOT go running and I did NOT eat healthy.  Friday life just got in the way and E and I didn't make it in time to go to the 6:30pm crossfit class.  So we decided to get up early for the Saturday morning class... well, 1:00am rolled around and I wasn't feeling well and could not fall asleep... so rather than waking up at 6:30am as we planned we slept until 10:00am.  We have NEVER slept that late, ever.  Then all day I just did not feel right.  We walked Roscoe a little over 3 miles and I hoped the fresh air would snap me out of my funk.  Then, stupidly, one of my closest friends came over to  introduce me to her new man!  (They were so cute).  We went out for ice cream and cookies.  What ever was I thinking?!?!?  So the rest of the day poor E had to hear me really moan about how sick I felt.  I slept terribly last night.  Tossed and turned and had the worst stomach pains.  This morning when I woke up at 6:30, I reached over, grabbed the waste basket next to the bed and just puked and puked and puked.  I don't know what caused it.  I have never felt so terrible.  It is 7:00pm and I am just now taking my first bite of melon.  I am so far beyond dehydrated and empty and have a throbbing head ache.  I accomplished nothing today and just now got out of bed for the first time too.  So, what did I learn from this experience??  Even if the junk food had NOTHING to do with me being sick, I do NOT want or need it in my life.  I felt unfulfilled after and silly.
  So, now about your kicks and Fleet Feet.  There is one in Albany and I LOVE it there.  The staff is so cool and knowledgeable!  Finding the right pair of kicks makes a huge difference in your fitness success.  Yours are so cute!!  Over the summer, E bought me a pair of Vibram Five Finger shoes, he had done a lot of research on the benefits of them.  Especially since I deal with so much pain and stiffness after breaking my back (can you believe it has been so long?! 7 years this February).  The Vibrams have totally transformed my life!   Running is back to being fully enjoyable.
  So now tell, me, how are you doing eating wise?  Are you stretching enough after workouts and drinking enough water??  These things are so important.

Ok, my darling fitness buddy!  It is time for this little sick thing to go back to bed.

caio!
Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment