Saturday, January 4, 2014

It's Challenge Time!

Hey Jeni! 

I'm so glad you got out and enjoyed the snow today! I haven't cross country skied in a really long time- I tried it once. I am looking forward to downhill skiing this winter with my family. At chance you want to try and meet up on the slopes? 


This is my transformation challenge team. Today was our kickoff and we had a group workout! I am certainly feeling my core right now. It's a good thing! 

After that, I went grocery shopping at a few different stores. I am evaluating my eating habits. Some new and old items that I got today: tilapia filets, frozen vegetables, chicken breasts, kombucha (I am sure you aren't surprised), and Greek yogurt. I picked up baby carrots, bananas, pomegranates, and an avocado. I even bought multigrain rolls. This week I want to get back into cooking some more classic meals (read- no queso), and try eating eggs for breakfast, hence the rolls. I'm not a fan of eating eggs outright, they gross me out a bit, but they can be good for you, so I am going to try it out and see what happens! 

I am glad that you bring up sugar. One of the things that I discussed with my transformation coach was nutrition. I am looking forward to the nutrition seminars that they are having during the challenge! I've also been modifying some of my recipes to reduce sugar. Sugar is in everything. Even "good foods" like yogurt have sugar in them. Add in the flavors of the yogurt and it adds more. It's like the other "S"- salt! I have been reviewing everything I purchase for sugar and salt content. I also have been sure to try and eat portions of fruit, not binge on fruit. I am replacing that with veggies! We definitely need to check in with each other on our sugar intake! Good for you on refusing the brownies, by the way, it can be so tempting to eat these things! 

Speaking of other goals and nutrition, one of your goal this year really resonated with me: increase water intake. I fully support that goal. I am also trying to reduce coffee intake. Last year at times I would drink over 24 oz. a day! Right now I am happy with green tea throughout the day as well. Diet sides is also in my list to give up- I did that before for a long time, but I like fizz in my drinks. I am looking to get pure ginger juice and put it in with my soda stream with a touch of lemon. I love how refreshing ginger is. 

Let me know how to yoga is, I can't wait for us to meet up in a few weeks for a hot yoga class. Tomorrow I'll be on my feet during the day while I moonlight at the mall, I will report on how I feel to tomorrow after today's workout. 

Xoxo 
Jenne 

No comments:

Post a Comment