Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Little Intentional Breathing

Hey Girl,
So tomorrow is my first day back to work in 17 days.  Well, technically I have been working the whole time, sewing and making dresses.  But school starts back up again and I'm afraid I have forgotten how to teach!?!?  I always get a bit anxious after big breaks.  So today I decided to skip the hot yoga in the morning and get things done.  I started to feel the anxiety building up during dinner and knew I better get in touch with some proper breathing and stretching to let it all out.  I turned off all the lights in the house and lit some candles around my mat.  It was superb- I think this might be my new nightly ritual.  Lighting makes a huge difference! I can't find my favorite yoga dvd, which super bums me out.  But I did a yoga search on youtube and ended up really liking the video I chose.  Bonus, this teacher is right in Kingston, so just 25 mins from me!  It had a lot of deep hip work, which is where I hold all of my stress, so it was perfect.  I'm posting the video for you- check it out!

Now, how about you.  How are you feeling about the challenge?  How did you feel about your initial weigh in?  Was it better/worse than you were expecting or right on what you thought?   Do you feel motivated to eat right and workout?  Do you like your teammates?  How many other teams are there?  Is there any sort of competitions between the teams? What types of workouts are you going to be doing mainly?

After work tomorrow E and I are going to Crossfit in the evening.  I am super pumped.  We had been going so regularly and I was feeling so strong and cool and then 3 weeks ago when V got put down I was so sad and depressed that I didn't go at all.  This last week I feel like I am finally getting out of my sadness rut and I can't wait to push myself tomorrow night.

Alright, it's now 11pm- aak, how did that happen.  I better go to bed.  Can't wait to hear from you.

Until tomorrow,
xo
Jeni    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment