Monday, January 6, 2014

Yoga Time

Hi Jeni, 

How was your first day back at work? I cannot imagine 17 days off, I already have to hit the reset button on Monday because of the weekend! 

We must be on a yoga wavelength, my plan for this evening is vinyasa yoga. Normally I like to start my week with spin class to work off that stress and energy associated with it, but I didn't make it because of work. 

A challenge update: I am feeling good about the challenge. I am in the mindset, minus a few areas (we'll get to that later).  My team is already supporting each their. We exchange emails with our workout plans and try to fit in workouts together. I've already shared our blog with them so if any of Team Vibe Tribe is reading... Go team! 

The weigh in: I am not surprised, but I am surprised with my measurements, I thought they would be less. I am actually very disappointed in those because they make me feel like I'm back at where I started. The weight portion, I was not surprised about at all. I think I have a lot of work to do to get leaner. 

Motivation level: My motivation level is good! Today I feel a little guilty that I am not planning on any cardio, but that's ok. I need to ensure that my body is rested so I do not cause any injuries. I believe that yoga builds strength anyways! My second self guilt trip is due to soda.  I had a great day planned out with food and then during the day I felt the need for kettle chips and a diet Dr. Pepper. Naughty! I traded that out with another meal so from a calorie perspective, it balanced itself out. But that was diet soda that went into my body instead of water. I'm not so upset about the kettle chips because they have limited ingredients and non saturated fat. Whenever I track meals and really watch what I eat, I generally do not eat a lot of fat. I will need to explore the soda thing more. It's a sheer love of carbonation and diet soda taste. Perhaps this year I will get over my soda cravings. Right now I am going to aim for one 16oz. soda a week. This would be a decent goal I think. Then I can slim it down more. 

I find it interesting that when life happens, we often turn away from exercise when trying to cope. I got off the bandwagon when work got busy.  I was too tired, too stressed, etc. Well, exercise and yoga would have probably helped me more with that. I think there is a lot to be said for the power of exercise. I'm sorry to hear about V. 

How was crossfit this evening? I hope you had fun. Any updates on the sugar front? What workout are you looking most forward to this week? 

Keep me posted on your end of yoga mediation and relaxation, I should try that sometime, I am always raring to go at about 10pm.  

Xoxo

Jenne 


No comments:

Post a Comment