Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cake is a Worthless ex.

Hey Girl!
  Man, I wish I could workout with you.  That dance class sounds like so much fun.  I've only done Zumba once and really liked it.  Although, I typically think I have pretty good rhythm, I did find myself tripping over my own feet a few times, while everyone around me knew all the steps... at least I got practice laughing at myself.

   Last night and today were really crazy busy.  I had teacher conferences last night and had an 11 hour day at school and unfortunately did not make it home in time to get to the pool before it closed.  BLAH.  Today was another long day and I didn't even have time to walk Roscoe.  Usually when I am overwhelmed the first thing I drop is good eating habits.  I lean on cafe sandwiches, cookies and granola bars to get me though.  Luckily, I had a revelation last week- no one else is responsible for my health and well-being besides myself and I must respect myself enough to value both things.  It made a big difference in the way I have been eating the last week and a half. The last two days I have made the most delicious and balanced breakfasts and packed healthy, energy-boosting lunches(Hurray!)  I'm really rather proud of myself, to be honest.  I know that York Peppermint patties are so tempting, they are my favorite!! BUT, you need to remind yourself that the most delicious treat of all is reaching your goals... and if something isn't going to help you get there, it is a pointless use of your time and in this case, calories!   Today while eating my perfectly portioned salad, of protein, carbs and fats, I was reading a health magazine and saw this little tid bit...#8  I have to say I really loved it!  I told E last night at dinner that I am considering a cake-less birthday and wondered if I would feel sad or BADASS.  Then I saw this today, and I'm pretty sure the answer is BADASS!  How do you feel about it?!?!



  So on to workout duds- I have to say that I really love working out in tanks.  I thoroughly enjoy being able to watch my muscles work and gleam!!!  I also really like capris, as apposed to full length pants (well, if I've had the chance to shave my legs... which with how busy things have been and the sub freezing the temps lately, shaved legs are a major rarity).  On New Year's day I went running in Prospect Park in Brooklyn and a woman ran past with the best leggings I have ever seen!!  They had galaxies and cats all over them.... I really want some wacky leggings for sure!
 
  Alright, so now it is late and I had barely any sleep last night, so I am going to head to bed.  I will write tomorrow- I have crossfit in the afternoon and then I am planning on meeting up with two different running groups this weekend.  I need some active friends down here!!  Can't wait for the weekend, and then just one week till I see you and we turn 29!!

GOOD NIGHT!  FIT DREAMS,
xo
Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment