Friday, January 3, 2014

The Goal List

Hey jenne,
  It is such a snowy wonderland in Hudson right now!!  When I woke up this morning to take Roscoe for a walk it was -5*. Um, that's cold!!!  I have spent the rest of the day inside drinking lavender earl grey tea and sewing. I finished revising my goal list for this year and I am so excited to get started on it!
Here it is: 2014's list of fitness adventures!!

1. Run 3 1/2 marathons
2. Finally run a full marathon (I'd like it to be the Hartford marathon in October).
3. Incorporate yoga into every day. Even if only for 5 minutes of stretching and intentional breathing. I am so much nicer and happier when I'm not stiff or in pain.
4. Drink more water.
5. Do 20 miles a week for Charity Miles. (Do you have the app!?  It's the coolest thing ever!)
6. Go camping somewhere you have to trek to.
7. Use my bike for transportation. I used to when living in Albany and have now gotten so used to driving everywhere.  (If I'm not in France I'd like to do the tour de cure with you!!)
8. Do my first triathlon.
9. Become a capable and confident swimmer. (As it stands right now I am neither)
10. Wear sunscreen while exercising outdoors.

Finally- I think this is the most important of all my goals-

11. COMPLIMENT my body for its strengths and achievements rather complain about its "flaws".

This list might change as the year progresses but I feel this is a great starting point.


Looking forward to hearing how your weigh-in goes today!

À la prochaine,
Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment