Thursday, January 2, 2014

A whole new year!

Dearest jenne,
  What a great way to start off a new year- reconnecting with an old friend and agreeing to support each other through our goals and journey to a more intentional and healthy life. I always love this time of year. I love clear beginnings- like the first day of school, a new apartment and especially a whole new year. It lets me reflect on the events and moments that have brought me to this point. These distinct periods of life (years) are like scenes in a play or chapter in a wonderful adventure novel. Best of all it provides a platform to let the past be exactly that and to spring ahead.  I have never really understood resolutions. I have never suffered from stereotypical bad habits. I don't want to lose weight and I don't need to quit smoking. What I do love to do is create goal lists- things I'd like to do/see in the coming year. This year my goals are mostly fitness and finance related. We are about to be 29 after all!  Only 17 days (weird!!!!).

I look forward to sharing my daily journey with you- giving and receiving support through the coming years.  I have been working on my goal list the last week and I think it will be ready to share in the morning!

This past year I gave up my serious addiction to Milano cookies and now I can say, it's alright giving up something bad that you love.  I found that rewarding myself with delicious dried fruit helps cure a case of sweet tooth.   And baby carrots really are incredible.

Adieu until tomorrow.

Biz,
Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment