Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Nutritional Awareness.

Hey Jenne!
  Today has been such an enlightening day!!!  Monday E and I went to crossfit and it was so great to get back into it.  It is such hard work to get in shape and so easy to get back out of it. Last night we joined the 30 day nutrition challenge at our box.  We were weighed and our body fat percentage was figured, now for the next 30 days we have to keep a journal detailing all of our food intake, exercise and sleep. Each Friday we will turn in our journals to the coaches and we will be graded on our ability to make healthy meals and our other health choices. To help us better understand what it means to be a healthy, well-balanced meal we were given an article about carbs, fats and proteins and what they actually are and what is needed to succeed. OH my god!  I have been living in the dark. I had no idea vegetables are actually carbs!!!  The article explains that each meal should be comprised of equal portions or "blocks" of each, protein, carbs and fats. What makes a "block" is different for each food.  I seriously can't believe a better understanding of food isn't taught in school when we were growing up!!  In the article is a week's worth of sample menus.  I feel so excited and so enlightened and now prepared for the next 30 days and all of life. I'll have to send you the article.

So back to trivial things... Sports bras and bling. I'm just gunna go for it. Let's make turning 29 great!!    As far a gym bag goes, I actually don't own one. How weird right?!?!  I usually just stumble around carrying way too many things and dropping them all about ten times before I reach my destination. I think having a beautiful gym bag would be a great motivation to be organized and active... Hmm... I'll have to do my research for my dream bag.

I really love your new workout duds!!  You must look so fly on your workout grind.  :)

You asked me what workout I'm most looking forward to this week and it's actually tonight's!!  I'm hitting the pool for some laps. The only way to improve is to practice right!!!
If the weather isn't so bad I'd like to squeeze in a run tomorrow. That would be swell.

Alright. I must be going for now.
I hope you had a healthy and balanced day,
Xo
Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment