Thursday, May 8, 2014

"Tour"ific Training Thursday

Hey Jeni!

Glad to finally hear from you. I love your hydration pack, I see those often on runners. You'll have to keep me posted on how it works for you.

Right now, I am a month away from my metric century Tour de Cure ride for the American Diabetes Association. The focus is on training and working out all the kinks so I have a smooth ride! I also need to give a shameless self promotion here to my donation page as I am trying to raise $1,000 to stop diabetes!

Some of my tips as below:

1. Hydration- I try to always keep hydrated at all times so I can be ready to go. I typically drink at least half of my body weight in water daily.

2. Be mindful of the kinks and address them ahead of time- I seem to have hip flexor trouble so I ensure that I am stretching my problem areas. I have noted a few kinks when I ride so I am planning on a bike fit. I also use knee braces to ensure that my joints stay supported and moving the way they are supposed to.

3. Comfort-I focus on comfort while riding. My bike purchase was all about the feel of the bike. I have found my preferred pair of bike shorts (Louis Garneau). I am a bit concerned about your blisters and chaffing! Have you tried any of the chaffing prevention? I used to use chamois butter while biking but I grew out of it.

My training ride went great! I felt full of energy. Here is a picture of a part of our group:


I am also planning on taking a longer ride on Sunday. We'll see how I make it. I will have to continue stretching and recovery as I get into the cycling season. I often find that yoga keeps my honest with the status of my joints and muscles. 

I'm glad you like the recipe! I have another one that I will share with you tomorrow. Do you have any good recipes that I need to know about? 

Keep up the good work and keep me posted on everything!

Xoxo

Jenne

No comments:

Post a Comment