Sunday, May 18, 2014

Goal Crusher


Hey Girl!  Today was the best day ever!!!  I did it!!  I reached my goal... better yet, I crushed my goal!  I came in at 1 hour, 54 minutes and 37 seconds!  16 minutes faster than last year!!  My first 3 miles were all under 8:29- they felt easy too.  I was worried that I wouldn't be able to keep it up, so I made myself slow down a bit.  I lowered my pace to around an 8:45.  I have never felt so strong.  Last year I hit a wall at mile 10.  I was starving, dehydrated and utterly depleted.  This time it never happened.  Durning the race I reminded myself of all the things that prepared me for today, both as a way to encourage me and as a way to celebrate all of my hard work.  Since January I have run nearly 200 miles, several of my runs were over 10 miles.  I also began to refuel while running.  Today I ran with coffee chia seed bars and I know that made a positive impact on my time.  I crossed the finish line sprinting and smiling.  I had to fight back tears as I did it.  When a volunteer handed me my metal I was so overwhelmed with joy and pride.  

Following are my official results!
My soon-to-be sister-in-law also crushed her PR.
My supporter.  E.

After the race I ate more food than I have ever eaten.  Usually when I log longer miles I don't feel very hungry.  So I was uber impressed with my ability to put it down!!  What is your favorite food after a long ride?  I reach for chocolate milk right away! I fully intend on getting a massage tomorrow, boy my hips, legs and shoulders are tight!!

What did you do this weekend?  

Glad I could share my excitement with you!  Can't wait to hear about your excursions!

xo Jeni 




No comments:

Post a Comment