Wednesday, May 14, 2014

National Bike Month


Jen!
  I can't believe neither of us has mentioned this yet, May is National Bike Month!  What a great way to officially welcome Spring and to be active! I am  absolutely loving my bike.  You know I've broken several bones and had some pretty wacky sports related accidents (keep in mind I broke my elbow by flipping over my handle bars), so I am typically pretty hesitant about activities that have the possibility of injury... There is something different about "roberrrrto" though.  I just feel so secure and I have felt myself become a much more confident rider in the last few weeks.  When Everett and I ride together he always has to wait at the bottom of hills for me... he likes to FLY down them and I like to hold my brake.  Well the other day I started embracing the hills and coasting!  It felt pretty cool.  Last week we went for a date night to Woodstock.  We rode along a stream and on some pretty wild hills... they were like nothing I have ever experienced before.  It was only a short ride (I had already run 9 miles that day) and I was starving- but my GAWD, it was beautiful!  We are both loving that with Spring and our bikes our dates are now much more action packed!  

  What type of riding do you like best?  On Sunday when I ran the rail trail in Millerton, E biked (he was able to cover 22 miles).  He said it wasn't as enjoyable to be on a flat course as it is to be on the roads with mixed terrain.  How do you feel?  Will you celebrate National Bike Month in a special way??

Alright biker babe.  Back to the sewing machine I go.  

Can't wait to hear what you've been up to! 

Fit dreams,
xo
Jeni 

No comments:

Post a Comment