Saturday, May 24, 2014

Recuperation is KEY

Not able to catch my breath yesterday, but it still felt pretty good! 

Hey Jen!
  Where are you??  What are you up to?  I'm dying to hear your updates!!  I'm still so happy about the race last Sunday.  I've never finished so strong or felt so proud.  Usually I am so worn out and exhausted that it takes me a year to even consider doing another.  Well, Sunday night I googled a bunch of upcoming races and have already registered for next months (and planned out the next 6 months of races too)!!  

  I started the week with some major recuperation.  Monday I went to an amazing yoga class.  Sometimes the teacher just hits every spot I need and this teacher was incredible.  For anyone in or near Hudson, NY, go to Gaura's Monday night Community class at Bodhi.  I mean, AMAZING!  Then on Tuesday I went to Bodhi for an 1.5 hour massage.  Whoa, I paid a pretty penny, but when I woke up on Wednesday all the kinks were gone and I felt incredible. (shout out to Ellen, who was strong enough to get into my excessively tight muscles!)   I didn't run again until yesterday- I just didn't feel my body telling me I was truly ready until yesterday.  I was short on time so I just did 3 miles.  Every once in a while I just can't catch my breath.  It was like that yesterday.  I'm not sure why really.  But my times were pretty cool: Mile 1- 9:19, Mile 2- 8:35, Mile 3- 8:25.  

  I saw a pic of you and your bike on FB and am anxiously awaiting the story that goes along with it.  Can't wait to read your update!

xo
Jeni 

No comments:

Post a Comment