Friday, May 30, 2014

Food Fridays: Kale Chips!

Hey Jeni! 

How are you? I didn't get to post a recipe last week but I wanted to post on something I have been wanting to try- kale chips! 

I've been told that they are really easy, but I was always afraid to try them for various reasons:

1. How much time does it take?
2. I don't want to drench them in too much oil! 
3. What do I want to put on them?

So tonight, because I want to celebrate all of my fitness progress recently, I made some! 

The trick here is this... Put them in a mixing bowl and toss with oil prior to going in the pan. I felt like I got a much more equal distribution of oil. After I put the oil on them, I sprinkled on some sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder. 

Here is how they looked! 



After that, they were gone within 5 minutes so I made another batch! This time I used Trader Joe's South African Smoke seasoning. I am pretty excited for this batch too. 

The ingredients are as follows:
Kale
Olive oil (I used a half a tablespoon instead of the recommended 1 tablespoon)
Seasonings of your choice

Enjoy! 

Xoxo

Jenne

No comments:

Post a Comment