Monday, May 26, 2014

Hello Sailor!



Hey girl!
  Happy Memorial Day!  I can't remember a better memorial day than this.  Everett and I had 6 friends visiting since Thursday which was a nice break in all the sewing I've been doing.  This morning, our friend Anna and I did a 9 mile run.  We planned on 10, but  let me tell you, it was HOT.  The sun was so much stronger than we expected and it was the first real "summer" run.  It was 80* at 10 am.  At mile 6 we were both so dehydrated and warn out (my little fuel belt water bottles did not stand a chance... especially split between 2 people).  We stopped to take a breath after a pretty sizable hill and I saw a family outside in their yard and Anna and I decided to humble ourselves and ask for some water.  This incredible neighbor actually got us each a water bottle.  She was a life saver!  Without that we wouldn't have been able to keep going.  I had difficulties breathing again today and I realized, it's the first week of humidity.  I've got to figure this out, or maybe just run super early or much later to avoid it.  I've been getting to know Anna over the last few months, and I have to say that running always helps bond a friendship in ways that "normal life" dones't.  I don't often talk openly about my anxiety issues or admit how much they really hold me back, but today I talked to Anna about it.  I felt free after, to be much more myself than usual.  

After we made it back from our run we jumped in our pond.  For 2 years I have been too hesitant to do that.  I'm not sure what it was that was scaring me or what it was holding me back to begin with, but I kept telling myself it was a bad idea.  I was so proud of myself for doing it. Now I can't wait to swim every day this summer!   Check out my cute sailor suit!  My mom got it for me the other day, she saw it and just knew I'd love it!

So what did you do today?  Did you get to enjoy the warmth and sunshine? How long until your Tour de Cure ride?  Are you getting excited? 

Speak soon, I HOPE!
xo
Jeni

1 comment:

  1. It was such a lovely run, and such a lovely weekend! Am happy we're getting to know each other better. xo/Anna

    ReplyDelete