Thursday, May 15, 2014

Concert festival body

Hey Jeni!

Happy Bike Month! I'm so glad your bike is working out for you. A good fitting bike is so important! I will keep you updates about the Tour de Cure training!

While I am training I am also thinking of another thing I am prepping for- Rock Werchter in Belgium! It's a concert festival. I'm sure that you are aware of the festival fashion, but I see a lot of fitness blogs posting about festival workouts and getting fit for festivals. At the surface it seems a little silly, then you check the fashion forecast and it's crop tops and short shorts! Oh ok!



This is a cropped top and shorts I got at a local boutique, thread. 

I continue to work on my core strength to support cycling and tone up for the summer and vacation! I rode 43 miles on Sunday, stretched out with yoga on Monday, kicked up the cardio on Tuesday with Zumba and took a core class with Meghan at the gym!

This core class is pretty awesome. Every week the class changes. This week we did a lot of planks variations. I was pretty happy with how the class went. I think to the first few core classes I went to and how hard they were. Now I am able to take some of the harder variations! Core work is really important for cycling and overall stability. I also a fan of the toning benefits :-)

I took tonight off so I could recover from all of the activity. Tomorrow I am hoping to take Jungshin before heading to a Tour de Cure event. Then let's hope for good riding weather thing weekend!

I hope to try the punkie cakes this weekend when I have some time to cook. I can't wait to hear about your weekend fitness exploits. Do you have any core tips for me? Have you learned anything on your new bike?

Xoxo
Jenne

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this outfit! you are going to look so smokin' hot!!

    ReplyDelete