Monday, May 26, 2014

Silence

Hey Jeni! 

This past week has been very busy for me! Thank you for keeping me posted on all of your progress! I am super stoked that you were recommended to be at an advanced level on your Nike app! That's awesome! 

There are a few reasons that I haven't been able to update you. The first being my training schedule for the Tour de Cure and the other I will talk to you about this week. 

I want to tell you all about my Wednesday ride, the Ride of Silence (www.rideofsilence.org). This is a national and worldwide ride that has been taking place of ten years in memory and honor of cyclists that have been injured or killed while cycling. This was the first year that I rode the ride and I did so I'm memory of Diva. 


It was a very somber and quiet ride. There were many cyclists that came to the event and we all rode together to honor many people. The goal of the ride, in addition to remembering people, is to promote cyclist's rights of the road and to raise awareness of sharing the road. 

I will write to you about my other updates in another post. For now I will sign off and dedicate this post to our good friend Diva de Loayza. 

Xoxo 
Jenne

No comments:

Post a Comment