Monday, May 5, 2014

A Mindful Monday

Hey Jeni! 

How are you? Did you have a nice Monday? 

At first glance, you might think that this post is about yoga or meditation. Alas, it is not! Today I was more mindful about my body and how it feels. 

I'm not going lie, I've been having a hard time this month. I have been dealing with a lot of inflammation weight and last week I went a little too hard for my knees. Now I am feeling like a mentally deflated (read: physically inflated).  

I think back to my challenge and where I was going with my body, both physically and nutrition wise. I've really blown things up in the past month. I've been over-eating, under-sleeping, and now I've overworked my good knee. 

What am I doing?! 

So yesterday I reset the clock to try and get things on track. I need to be mindful of what I am putting in my body and what I am doing to my body. Plain and simple. I think to myself, was I having a lot of fun doing what I was doing this past month? Was it all worth it? Ehhhh, I don't think so! 

I am also trying to understand what set me on this path during the past month when I was so close to reaching an ultimate goal. Maybe it's a little self sabotage. Maybe it really is all about missing peanut butter. 

Either way I will keep you posted. I'm ready to get everything back in order again. Let me know if yu have any suggestions. 

Xoxo

Jeni



No comments:

Post a Comment