Friday, May 9, 2014

Food Fridays

Hey Jeni! 

I've got a tasty little treat that you can eat anytime and in any quantity. 

The recipe that I have for you this week is one of my own and a go-to when I need a quick lunch or dinner option. 

Tomato and Avocado Salad 


Ingredients:

Avocado
Tomato 
Seasonings
Balsamic vinegar

Ok, a caveat to my little recipes, I change them all the time! Generally I make this recipe with the above ingredients- Trader Joe's 21 seasoning salute (salt free!) and balsamic vinegar. You can choose salt and pepper, or other seasonings. It's up to you. If you want to make more of a vinaigrette, you can also add some olive oil, but I choose not to. 

Anyways, choose the amount of tomato and avocado you want and chop them up. You want the avocado to be somewhat ripe so it has good flavor. Put them in a bowl. Then simply add you reasoning and vinegar or vinaigrette. See?! Easy peasy! 

I hope you like it. You could put the salad on a roll or keep it as is. You can use it as a side dish or have a side green salad with it. Anyways, this is one of my favorites during my busy weeks! 

Bon appetit! 

Jenne

No comments:

Post a Comment