Sunday, May 4, 2014

A little more about Jungshin

Hey Jeni!

I know exactly how you feel about getting outside. Sadly, we have been having a lot of rain in the Rochester area so it has been hard to get out on the bike. 

I would have liked to have gotten out there today, but my knee is bothering me after some workouts this week and past experience tells me to give it a rest! I will have to blog sometime To share the workouts that I do when I can't have a lot of knee activity. I still kept active today- mostly working the core area- so I don't feel like I'm not doing anything.

I want to tell you all about my Friday night workout! I blogged before about the Jungshin class that I've been taking; on Friday the creator of the program came to out gym and did a class. It was a lot of fun! We use the swords as part of the workout. It is part sword action, part strength and conditioning. There are even finger tip push-ups. Yes, you read right, finger tip push-ups. They are pretty challenging so I stay on my knees when I do them. Maybe I'll be on my toes by the end of summer?! 

I took some photos with my 90 day challenge coach, Christine, as well as the creator of the program, Annika Kahn. 

This is a photo of Christine and I with the swords. There are stances that have you lunging and squatting



This is a photo of the creator of Jungshin, Annika Kahn.  She led the class, it was awesome! Challenging, but refreshing! 



Overall, I think this is a different, but good workout because it feels different than yoga, Zumba or other classes. Perhaps it will help me continue to tone up for the summer. I do have my eye on a swimsuit at Athleta, you never know what can happen between now and summer? I may need that new swimsuit for the beach and lake! 

Tell me more about the kettleball workout you have been doing, how did you find it and what is it all about?

Xoxo

Jenne

2 comments:

  1. Jenne thank you for coming! You were powerful !
    Annika
    www.jungshinfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Annika! Great class on Friday night!

    ReplyDelete