Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Challenging Run

A difficult run!  But proud I pushed through!

Hey healthy girl!
  I love the idea of your salad!  I'm not a huge fan of store bought tomatoes but when E's are ready on the farm they are outstanding!  (He actually made me a tomato salad on our 5th date that made me like tomatoes, I knew he was the one after that!!) I can't wait to try this once they are ready!  

  There's a line from the song "Sorry Ms. Jackson"- "you can plan a pretty picnic, but you can't predict the weather."  That was my day today.  E and I made plans to go to Millerton to run the rail trail and eat at the Oakhurst diner.  Just one week until my race and today should have been 11 miles.  I wanted to test myself to see if I could do 11 miles at the sub 9:00/mile pace... I did all the things I should have done to make this possible.  I hydrated sufficiently, bought body glide gel so I wouldn't suffer from chafing, and applied sun screen as not to burn.  However, this morning I was having some stomach troubles... I thought it would be ok after my 5th trip to the bathroom... however, at mile 3 I had to dodge in to the woods to avoid a complete p**p disaster.  Let me tell you, it is not fun to be unprepared for this...  all of the grass and greenery seemed to vanish when I needed it... 1" blades of grass are NOT comparable to toilet paper...   So, I know this is a bit of an over share, but if you can't tell a girl friend that is also an endurance athlete, who can you tell?!?!?  Have you ever had this experience??  I felt so sick, I was instantly dehydrated and weak.  I considered turning around and walking back to the car but I realized I'm way too determined to let a little p**p get in the way of my run!  I ended up running much slower than I wanted to but when I called the Nike+ customer service to add my run (my phone died part way through the run) I told him the story and we laughed about it together and he told me I was badass!  AAAAW YEAH!  

So what did you do this weekend?!?  Did you do outdoor workouts or stay indoors?  It was so beautiful the last 2 days!!  Sadly the next 5 are supposed to be thunderstorms.  Oh well, I guess I can have a bit more time to work on healthy meals and yoga.  I have a great paleo muffin recipe to share with you tomorrow! 

Looking forward to your update!
xo
Jeni 




No comments:

Post a Comment