Monday, February 3, 2014

Spin that Stress Away!

Hey Jeni! 

Happy Monday! How was your day? Mine was the typical Monday, not enough hours in it! 

I mad a pretty productive day at work. Mondays are difficult for me:

1. I am not a morning person
2. I am generally switching gears in my brain
3. There is a lot of work activity in Monday! 

So, back in November/December, I tried to start a weekly ritual- Monday spin.  I like it for a few reasons: I can generally pick up on any increased strength or improvement in fitness level, I like the instructor, it helps me think about my goals for the upcoming week, and it helps melt away stress. I find that if I am feeling stressed out, I can really focus that energy into my workout.  I feel wonderful after doing it. 

Spin isn't easy- but it helps for training and improving endurance on the bike.  So sometimes I love to hate it as well :-) in a good way. 

Today was a little tricky on the bike.  I'm not really sure what happened but abut halfway into the class I wasn't feeling my greatest.  It could have been for a variety of reasons: turbo beginning, red pasta sauce for lunch, too much water (what can I say, I was thirsty today!).  I thin it's good to try and finish things up because this type of thing could happen out on the road, it's about learning about the body and figuring out what works best. I toned it down for the rest of the ride and concentrated on breathing.  I made it through the class. 

Have you developed any fitness rituals? I'd love to hear about them. 

Xoxo

Jenne 

P.S.  I'm convinced it was the red sauce, by the way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment