Sunday, February 2, 2014

Speedy Weekend

At the end of my fastest 3 miles ever!


Hey Healthy girl!
  It really seems like you are learning and growing in your journey.  I am so happy you are able to do so.  Diet has always been a hard thing for me.  I have never had to consider diet as a way of balancing my weight, my family is blessed with a high metabolism.  Although that sounds like a great thing, it has allowed me to eat lots of junk food and not see the effects of it out right.  I am now learning that eating healthy is more than just balancing weight.  I know when I don't eat healthy I have short patience, it is hard to stay focused, i am lethargic all day, regardless of how much coffee I drink and worst of all, my running suffers- which in turn makes me crankier.  I have said it before, that I eat balanced and healthy- until I get busy, then it turns in to cookies and granola bar central... that's not fueling me at all!  So it really is my goal for this year to make my 'diet' a more important part of my routine.
  So here is my weekend recap- I had two incredible runs!  Yesterday I went out for a 3 mile run and without evening intending on it I ran the fastest I ever have.  I covered 3 miles in 23 minutes and 44 seconds- that's an average pace of 7:45/mile and my fastest mile was 7:37.  That's the fastest mile I have ever run!  I am so excited that after just a week and a half into my training for my next half marathon I was able to do that!  Let me tell you why I think that happened... I have been trying for the last 3 weeks to only say positive things about my body... the minute a negative thought or a complaint pops in to my head I say, "oh no you don't... you are strong and resilient and your body does incredible things..."  Something negative jumped in to my thoughts as I was getting ready to head out for my run and I reminded myself of all the positives and boom... I ran at what I think is a pretty incredible pace!  Then today I went out and ran 5 miles.  I felt so strong, I truly could have gone 5 more.  I stayed with my training plan though, I'll get to 10 miles soon enough.  

  So after my weekend I feel pretty happy and powerful!  I can't wait until tomorrow, on my training plan Monday is stretch and strength... so i'm going to yoga and then an interval training class at my gym.  I am starting to look at fitness as "me time" that I am lucky to have instead of "uh, I have to do this thing", it makes it so much more exciting to go to the gym.  

  Well I hope you have a great Monday!  Stay motivated!  xo

Jeni 

me after my first long run of the season (5 miles)- it stayed light until after 5 o'clock! 
 I'm not sure which is more exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment