Sunday, February 2, 2014

A Week in Review

Jeni, 

I know. I've been gone again! Things have been a little hectic. I also have crafted a few notes to you, but then I've had some updates! 

I learned a few things this week: 

1. Starch= more than just potatoes
2. I can give up diet/light products
3. I am really loving avocado
4. Strength training is important
5. I <3 8 hours of sleep a night

So I've been making some dietary changes lately along with my challenge. Things have been at times easy and other times hard. I met with a trainer at my gym the day after our birthday and I got some personalized recommendations: 

1. 8 hours of sleep at night
2. Drink at least half your body weight and + when working out
3. If you want to eat something, don't bother with the diet version, eat the real thing
4. No sugar or starch after 4pm
5. No nuts
6. Organic animal products and byproducts only

Now, #5 and #6 are personalized to me based on some things but #1-4 are pretty general.  

So back to #1, I didn't know how many things were considered a starch! This week has been more difficult as I cut things down. The past few days when I was busy and having some work stress, I just wanted carbs! CARBS! Chips and salsa, ice cream, fruit, everything! I stuck it out pretty good though and I've been feeling great.  I eat more things (like cheese) that I've been trying to avoid because its "bad" and enjoying it. And I haven't gained weight! In fact, I am heading in the other direction. 

I will keep you posted on this. I am going to wind down before my new 9:30pm-10:00pm bedtime and think of my workout plans for tomorrow (spin? weight machines? row machine?) 

How has your diet been going lately? Have you made any healthy changes? Are you drinking enough water? 

Xoxo

Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment