Friday, February 14, 2014

Go the Extra Mile

  
 Hi Friend!
  The last update I gave you was about my weekend of poor running performance.  Since Sunday I started to feel doubtful of myself and if I could reach my running goals for this Spring.  Wednesday night I went to the gym.  I decided not to set an intended distance.  I don't know what it was, but I felt fantastic!  UNSTOPPABLE!  I blew right through miles 1 and 2 (I hate running on the treadmill and getting past 3 miles while staring at the wall is usually impossible and I tend to count every second...) I made it to 6 miles. Just after I hit mile 6 my phone died and there was only 20 minutes until the gym closed so I decided to end my run there and give myself some much needed deep stretching.  It was one of those runs that left me feeling so invigorated- if I had the time I know I could have made it at least 10 miles.  (i'm pretty excited about that, considering this is only 3 weeks in to training and I was sick the last few days).   I'm not really sure what happened over the last few days...Here are some things that I think may have contributed to my success.  During the day while on a break from teaching I was drinking tea and scrolling through Pintrest and saw the above Inspo quote- I want to be able to go the extra mile whenever it is asked of me: on my run, in a pinch, in love or in life.  I had also compiled a new super kick-ass play list and it started with a Maclemore and Ryan Lewis Song- White Walls, which just gets me so pumped up!  I was also wearing a new bracelet that I had ordered off Etsy a few weeks ago that says "be brave".  The company is Words to Sweat By... they have incredible things, you should check them out!  Lastly, I was feeling so exhausted before going to the gym that I got an iced coffee... so maybe the caffeine had something to do with it.  I was so happy!  I even threw in some AB exercises and squats afterwards!  Not bad if I do say so myself!


  How are things in Rochester?  We got buried in snow last night.  E and I spent the morning digging out our cars. I was actually excited to do it.  It's good cardio and a way to put our team skills to the test on Valentine's Day- we only had one shovel and we took turns digging.  February 14th has always been just another day to me, but this year I feel so happy in my relationship with Everett (and also with running!)  Why not give in a bit to "tradition" or pop-culture??  Do you have any fun plans?  We are going to Lake Placid to celebrate together, just our little family of 3 Monday and Tuesday!  We are trying to make some other plans for tomorrow- to be active and enjoy the winter wonderland.



If you were a cucumber and I was vinegar- I'd PICK(le) you for my Valentine!  

Go the extra Mile!  Don't forgot to tell yourself all the reasons why you ROCK this Valentine's day!

xo
Jeni 

No comments:

Post a Comment