Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Facing Fears


Hey Jenne!
  I am so sore today!!  I feel as creaky as an old door and every part of me is aching.  The last few days have been so awesome!  Monday evening I went to a strength training class at the gym and it kicked my butt!!!  I forgot what it was like to be this sore!  Strangely, I can not wait until next Monday, to do it all again!  Yesterday, surprise, it snowed again.  It finally stopped around 4 o'clock and Mel came over at 5 for us to go for a quick run.  I have always been afraid to run with snow on the roads.  A fear that I promised myself I would challenge this winter (I used to never run outside bellow 40*)  It's one thing to slip in the woods on a trail, it's another thing to battle insane drivers and the ice and slush patches at the same time.  I feel beyond proud and liberated to finally do something I have feared for years.  I am really loving having Mel to run with.  Had she not be there last night I know I wouldn't have gone out for a run. 

 Today I planned on doing a tempo run, and I was really excited too... I wanted to test how far I could get. As my luck would have it, it snowed again!  My drive home from work took nearly two hours... then, once the snow stopped it turned into sleet... Everett and I agreed that I shouldn't run on the roads tonight nor do I want to drive to the gym (it is a 35 minute drive from here...).  So I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow... which is supposed to be in the 40's and sunny!!  A little confusing, but I'll gladly take it!!  

How is your day?  I can't believe it's already Wednesday!  Two more days and then it's the weekend!  I love the weekend, purely because I have time to really run some distance!   

Hope you are having a healthy and productive day!

xo
jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment