Monday, February 24, 2014

Back in the game

Hey Jeni! 

How was your Monday? Mine was pretty good. 

So I have a confession- I've not been fully into trying to be at my best for the past two weeks. The good news is that I think I'm getting out of this little slump. 

Why? Food and weight! 

That's right, I've been pretty crabby about my weigh in from about two weeks ago. It sucked, I felt real bad and I kept eating A LOT even though I haven't been doing all of the work necessary! And it was a terrible cycle. Couple that with my knee issues and we have a ripe environment for negativity and self-hate! 

It's time to get out of that. I can say, "Ugh my body sucks" or "Maybe this is how I'm meant to be" but in reality those are cop outs. The way we treat our bodies directly impacts our results. 

So I started this week with a spin class. I struggled with the class, especially with my knee. I toned it down a notch and fought my way through the class.  In the end, I'm happy with how I did. I watched what I ate as well. Of course I still had a cupcake and a piece of chocolate, but I was sure to think about my hunger level all day. Now I am laying in bed thinking about what a good day I had. This is what I was doing before, but I lost sight with some gluttony! 

In the end, I felt much better! I think I am back on track, including getting my 8 hours of sleep! 

Xoxo

Jenne 

No comments:

Post a Comment