Sunday, April 13, 2014

Progress

Jeni, 

Question for you... What is you definition of progress and how do you recognize it? 

Today I recognized progress and thought hard about what it means to me.

I had two interesting bike rides this weekend. One short and mostly flat ride and another long ride with some more hills. Overall I'd say I rode about 45-50 miles this weekend. 

A picture of my ride group:



This makes me feel joyous. What makes me feel even better is the changes I saw while riding. I rode faster and with more energy. I took some risks on the bike to see what would happy. My thoughts moved to the progress I want to make this season. 

Risk #1: Starting the season riding two days in a row
Risk #2: Additional miles to my longer ride by biking to the ride itself instead of driving. 

I feel like both "risks" show my increase in confidence from last season to this season. To me, increased confidence on the bike is definitely progress. 

Overall, this weekend was an A+ in my book. Don't these types of weekends make you feel great?!

How was your weekend? Have you noted any progress? 

Jenne 




No comments:

Post a Comment