Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Progress is a Great Reward

Jenne,

  What great progress you made in your challenge!  You set a goal and you reached it- that is so impressive!  I love goals.  I find they keep me focused and motivated.  I also love reaching goals.  I ran my 3rd half marathon on Sunday and I loved it.  It was such a different experience than my other races. At the end of my first two I was depleted and begged for the finish line.  This time around, perhaps because I had several more long runs in my training or maybe my dietary changes, it felt different.  I felt strong the entire race and I didn't need to distract myself from pain or discomfort.  Talk about progress.  I ran this race with my friend Melissa, it was her first race ever.  I registered to run this race WITH her which meant I let her choose our pace, we ran at a pace of 9 minutes and 35 seconds per mile, which is somewhere around a minute faster per mile than my last time around.  I also finished feeling as though I could have kept going, I could have sprinted.  It was such a show of progress that I felt elated all afternoon.  I registered for another half next month where I plan to run sub 2 hrs- which is a pace of 9 minutes and 8 seconds per mile- which I now know I can obtain with ease!  I plan to spend the next 5 weeks with varied training, adding sprinting and weight training, to really give myself some reserve power.
  As for your ride- I am so impressed by your strength and progress.  Now that you crushed the first part of 2014 with weight loss what is your next goal?  Do you have a goal time for your tour de cure ride?   Everett got me a bike for my birthday (yes, back in January) that arrives tomorrow, finally!  For months we have talked about our hope to start a weekly tradition of riding to a little breakfast spot we like called Murray's in Tivoli every Sunday morning.  I think we get to start this week!!  I can't wait.

Congrats on your hard work and results!

You amaze me friend!

xo
Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment