Monday, April 21, 2014

Post Challenge Check In

Hey Jeni! 

I am having some serious bike envy reading your last post. Please send me all details about this lovely bike ASAP! I am still in the process of seeing where I want to go with a commuter bike. 

It's funny you ask about goals and goal setting. My challenge ended on April 5th with some pretty solid results. I decided to go a little extra with my fitness goals, but I really felt like I needed some downtime. 

I had been focused on my diet for three months (with a healthy serving of chocoIate, gelato and mallo cups everyday), but I needed some donuts, Moe's queso and a little time for reflection on my achievements. I tested the waters, I ate a lot of the foods that I cut I out for the purposes of limiting inflammation in my body and I pretty much gained a lot of inflammation weight back! I wasn't surprised. I also had some pretty poor sleeping habits. All and all, I think I convinced myself to jump back on the wagon :-) I felt so much better without nuts, beans, corn and dried fruits. In the end it's about what works for me and how I feel. I realized I feel so much better without the foods that are not friendly to my system. I went light on exercise for a few reasons (a little bit of overachievement on the bike last weekend) but I seem back on track. I still feel my progress, but I want to take that the next step further! 

So where am I at with goals? Here they are:

1. Century bike ride
2. Consecutive days of longer rides on the bike (at least 30 miles)
3. Continue toning specific areas of my body
4. Challenge myself to a bit of abdominal definition (can't be bad for summer right?!)
5. Sleep hygiene
6. Food hygiene (ie. focus on fun, new, fresh recipes that enrich my body without inflammation) 

What are your goals? Anything specific? How will you plan to incorporate the bike into these goals? 

Xoxo

Jenne

No comments:

Post a Comment