Saturday, April 12, 2014

An important first...

Hey Jeni, 

Glad that you are working on your diet... I have been blowing mine off for a week, I need to get back to my veggies. Tonight I wanted frosting, at least I made it homemade right? 

But more importantly... I have an important photo to show you...


Is this the biggest fake out or whatever? Sorry, I couldn't resist. This post will not be about my before and after photos :-)

Today was my first bike ride of the season! It was so exciting.  I did about 15 miles and kept up a pretty solid pace between 16-17 miles per hour. I was quite impresses with myself. Last season (my first) I was excited when I was over 12 miles an hour.  I have a lot of work to do to prepare for my upcoming Tour de Cure ride (http://main.diabetes.org/goto/jennro) on June 8th but I am up to the challenge! 

I am also considering commuting to work this season. I found a real sharp internal hub 8 speed bike, I am hesitant because I want to be sure that I am willing to commit to commuting. Right now my commute is about 2 miles total. It is not a big deal. I do not want to get into the habit of saying, "I'll ride my bike to work tomorrow" and never commute. I love the bike I found, but I need to ensure I am ready! Did you ever find a bike? 

As for the before and after, I am preparing that post and hope it will be up for you very soon. 

Please keep me posted on your running progress. 

Xoxo

Jenne

No comments:

Post a Comment