Thursday, April 24, 2014

Accomplishments and Selfies



Jenne Jenne Jenne!  
  Girl, I am in a great mood!!  Tonight I was feeling anxious and knew that if I didn't act fast a horrible mood would take over.  So I threw on my running gear and hit the road.  It was so extremely windy that the first mile was a struggle (might I also add that our house is surrounded by rolling hills, so this was NOT a flat course).  Some how though, I kept every mile below 9 minutes and once I hit mile 5, I felt unstoppable.  I ran my FASTEST 7 mile run EVER: 1 hour 1 minute and 41 seconds.  I have NO doubt now that in 4 weeks from now I can and will crush my goal of a sub 2 hour half marathon.  Each time I set a new record I am surprised at just how "easily it came".  Tonight I was aware that I was pushing myself to stay strong and steady, but I never felt like I was pushing myself to the max.  I just can't believe what I am actually capable of.  If I can run at this pace for the entire 13.1 miles, I could finish in 1 hour 52 minutes.  That's nearly a 17 minute difference from last years time of 2 hours 9 minutes and change.  I mean, that's pretty awesome.

So, what's with the super selfie pic?  Today I saw a great motivational quote on Pintrest.  It said "make your body the sexiest outfit you own".  I love that!  And my entire run I repeated that as my mantra.  I decided to celebrate my accomplishment with making myself my motivation and not needing to stare at Fitspo models.  So, this pic is to cheer myself on.  To mark the changes I see physically.  I will have a 6-pack this summer!

Do you have a mantra?  Do you ever take shameless selfies when you are feeling extra saucy or proud?  I have to admit I like to look at photos of myself from the time of a big accomplishment- they keep me determined and motivated.  

One more day and it's the weekend!!!  What do you have planned.

Good night darling, Fit Dreams!
xo, Jeni 




No comments:

Post a Comment