Monday, November 3, 2014

Training Plan



Hey Girl,
 This past weekend was rainy, blustery and darn right cold!  I find "nasty" elements to be so utterly inspiring- and before I knew it, I was picking out a January half marathon. Why I have this reaction I have no idea!  I guess it's better than wanting to hibernate.
  Since last year I have been using the Nike+ app to record my runs- yesterday I set myself up with a 12 week Nike+ intermediate coaching plan. Today was training run #1. Just a gentle 3 miler. Boy was it beautiful out.  Because of how cold it was the last few days I expected it to be the same today, despite the blue skies- so I layered up in all my best "cold weather gear". A few minutes in it was clear I was WAY overdressed and had to ditch my hat, gloves and neckwarmer along the route.  I was on an absolute runners high afterwards!!  

Tomorrow I have a long day in the City and an early train to catch. I have two job interviews and am tutoring a middle schooler.  It's also voting day!!  The plan has a 5 mile run scheduled for me and I refuse to let a busy day get in the way- i need this run for so many reasons. My mental health, a reminder that things that are important to me are infact valuable things and to relieve some of this major stress I'm barely managing... So I have decided to set my alarm for 5:30am and hit the pavement before the sun comes up!!  I am hoping that when my alarm goes off knowing that I have stated this all to you will help insure that I don't snooze myself outta a good run. 

What are your voting day plans?!  

Look forward to reading all about em.

Xo
jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment