Saturday, November 15, 2014

Small successes

Hey Jeni! 

How has your week been? How is training going for your half marathon? I admire your will to try winter running.  As I go to the gym each morning, I see a lot of runners that's are out in the 5am hour with all of their gear. It sends a shiver down my spine when I see that the temperature is in the 30s! 

This week was week 2 of my morning workout routine. I can say that I am still going strong in waking up and getting to the gym before work. I had some sleep glitches towards the end of the week, but I am hoping to continue to work on my sleep hygiene with at least 7 hours per night. 

Overall I have been enjoying the morning workout. It is difficult to want to go to bed between 9-10 pm because I am such a night owl! I have been able to become pretty organized and able to stay committed. The feeling is wonderful. I am starting to feel better that I am working out more frequently. I find that when I am working out I have a desire to eat better and treat my body better. 

On Tuesday, we had a really warm day! At some point in the day I believe that I saw 70 degrees outside! I chose to do an outside 3 miler. I will say, I had some difficulty! I had a hard time breathing and I felt really heavy. On the second half of the run, I cooled down to interval speed walking and running. Overall, I finished with about an 11:00 minute pace, which is interesting because when I first started running my pace was between 11:00-12:00. I think that even though I walked some, it shows how my pace has improved since I decided to try this running thing.  

My response to the workout was the highlight. Generally if I have a less than successful workout, I tend to get frustrated! However, this time around I tried to remain grounded and reminded myself that it's ok that this workout wasn't perfect! If I am always hard on myself it can certainly lead to more stress and frustration, which isn't good! 

Hope you've had a stellar week! 

Xoxo

Jenne

No comments:

Post a Comment