Thursday, August 21, 2014

The R Word

Hey Jeni! 

How have you been? I'm sad that you don't have a computer to write to me, but luckily I can keep this up and running for the both of us! 

RUN. run. R-U-N. 

That's all I ever want to do and I'm not supposed to do it. 

I've been working on training off my knee braces for months and I finally feel like I can workout successfully without as much support. I am continuing with my strength training (3x per week). I makes me so sad that I can't do something that I would really like to do. 

Running opens up the door to a sprint tri or some other fun activity that I would like to scratch off my bucket list. 

But I'm not supposed to do it. The problem is, I'm not 100% convinced that I cannot run. I think I can with the right training plan. I've already trained myself to run once before, why not try again? 

Enter my sister with a great idea to consider running a 5k with her and my desire to what I'm not supposed to do turns into what maybe I'm supposed to try. 

So what did I do today? I did a strength based workout with a short 15 minute low effort walk/run rotation. It only involved 3.5 minutes of running. No big deal. 

From here, it's a waiting game to see how I feel tomorrow. I'm hoping that tomorrow goes well! 

Xoxo

Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment