Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Sunday Smoothie

Hey Jeni! 

How are you? Make any good dresses this weekend? 

I wanted to share with you my favorite smoothie recipe. I have been drinking this smoothie for awhile now and everyday I love it. I got the idea from a friend and it's been love ever since! 


It's a wonderful green smoothie but still zesty and fruity:

Coconut water (could also do water but it balances the flavor)
Lemon juice
Ginger powder 
Kale
Pineapple
Parsley (only a handful here)

You mix all these ingredients together in a blender and enjoy! You can adjust the taste based on the ratio of kale to pineapple. I prefer an equal mix. You can also decide how much ginger you put it. I love ginger so I put in about ten shakes of powder. 

Lately I have been trying to work some hemp powder into the smoothie but I have noticed that it drastically changes the taste. It's a little chalky. I attempted to sweeten with agave nectar (which I really am a fan of right now instead of honey) but it still has that taste. Additional protein in this shake is appreciated, but my options are really limited with my food sensitives. Any suggestions? 

Anyways, today I planning on some weight training with a little bit of cardio. I have a wedding to go to later that I have to prep for. Lots of things going on! 

Tell me about your weekend, I would love to hear about it!

Xoxo
Jenne

No comments:

Post a Comment