Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Halfway There...


Jen!  
  It's JUNE!   We started writing this blog six months ago as a way to share our goals, hardships and triumphs in regards to our health and fitness.  I can't believe we are already here, halfway through the year.  This weekend I took some time to reflect on my "Goal List" from January and to evaluate my progress thus far.  It was actually really awesome to see how far I've come on some things and to also refocus on some others! 

Here are the facts:

1. I was hoping to run 3) 1/2 marathons by next January.  Next weekend is my 3rd and I'm already registered for 2 more by September.

2. I planed to run a full marathon and was aiming for October... I can honestly say, I'm not to sure I want to do it.  I am really enjoying running half's and being able to set new goals for time... I may want to play at this distance a bit more.

3. Incorporate yoga in my every day... I don't know why I haven't... This will help me to refocus and realize how often I chose to stare at the wall when I'm stressed than do what is truly helpful.  

4. Drink more water... I have to say, on the whole I am doing MUCH better... although I sometimes will go almost the entire day and realize I haven't had any water... those are super stressful days.

5. Use my bike for transportation: CHECK! 

6.  I am toying with the idea of doing my first TRI next Wednesday or just volunteering and waiting until next month... it sort of seems like I should just go for it! 

7. Hopes of becoming a confident swimmer: I start swimming lessons next week! 

8. Wear sun screen while outdoor exercise: CHECK! 

9. COMPLIMENT MY BODY!  I have to say, this has made the biggest difference of all.  I am so much happier and strangely, so much faster, stronger and ballsy than ever.  (I even went sea kayaking this weekend with Everett and surprised us both with how brave I was... more on that tomorrow)


So, have you taken the time to reflect now that we're at the "halfway mark"?  How do you feel?  What have you accomplished?  What have you learned?  What do you need to refocus on?  

Now, keep making goals and demolishing them!  I sure hope to!  

xo
Jeni 



  


No comments:

Post a Comment