Thursday, June 12, 2014

Let's Give it a TRI


Hey Jen!
  My gosh, I am dying to hear how your ride went and what you've been up to since!  This last week flew by!  I promise that despite my lack of writing I have been staying active.  I'm going to skip over the week and tell you about last night.  E and I volunteered at the HVTC's first TRI of the season.  It was such an awesome experience.  It rained all day and stopped just in time for the race.  We arrived to see the fog lifting off the lake- providing for a breath-taking setting.  Watching the athletes hit the water was something I'll never forget.  It was a blast to be on the cheering squad throughout the race.  E and I manned the transition station from the Bike to Run portion and it really gave me a look at what it will be like next month when I join in.  I was so impressed with the sense of community that surrounded the race- everyone was outgoing and ultra supportive.  I even made some new workout friends and got some great advice!   E and I are going to start meeting up with a few others once a week to do a swim/bike/run workout.  I'm really looking forward to getting in to the water... it's the part that scares me the most!


I've been sewing all day and am now taking a break on the couch- I'm fighting a nasty cold and want to do my best to get rid of it before my half on Sunday... let's hope!  So now tell me all about what's being going on this week and what's coming next for you?

Stay Fit
xo
Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment